Saturday, June 19, 2010

Return

I thought I would never come back. Primarily because I dislike; no, I hate the MS Office look, which comes to haunt 80% of my waking hours. But then I did have lots to share, lots to say. And then I did make up my mind to indeed write again. But now that I have done, I really don’t know what to write first.

In a singular, disdainful and reckless moment of carelessness I have destroyed a lot of features on my blog which I had painstakingly selected and added to it, trying to make life a bit more interesting for readers who do turn in the pages once in a while. Hence, that would need to be reinstated, but, given my retardation in matters relating to the computer, I presume that should take a while.

Second there have been certain changes in life which would need to be shared. How, when and where – well that’s what even I am trying to figure out. But for a start, let me sprinkle over you something, well… you judge it.

A few months back, I was chatting to a friend of mine, more on matters personal and affecting my daily life – and I tell you there is a helluva lot keeping me absolutely strangled. While listening to the same, he told me, “I think you need to change the way you think, speak and live.” Live? I mean how can I change my life? “Well, yes, you can,” and he seemed remarkably sure of what he was saying – and that’s a very rare trait these days.

So what he told me during the conversation goes like this:

Whatever we face in our life is a manifestation of our actions not only in our past, but also in our past lives – well that’s no big deal, my winzipped version of the Bhagwad Gita has it even on its executive summary. But here is the twist. He tells me, well if your actions have been cause; the effect is the result and / or the grind that we go through in the present. But, as a person, I have the power, right within myself to change this cause and effect – to mitigate the polluting effects of my actions in the past and the ramifications that it has at present. The level and the range of the actions and the results can be controlled at some point of time by certain things that we do in our own lives and hence can, to some extent, come out of this cycle of helplessness.

And the best part is yet to come. To attain this, we need not renounce anything from the current longings and desires. It is a spiritual attainment, beyond doubt, but it is fuelled by certain worldly and karmic wants which fuel the individual towards the attainment of a goal. The icing on the cake is that, the individual himself decides that goal irrespective of whether it is material or spiritual.

Interesting? Well, let me fathom it myself. How I fare, only time will tell, but will sure keep everyone posted on this exquisite journey and my own determination to overcome barriers to remain on course.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jyoti said...

liked it ..quite spiritual... :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home